AI-powered tools are being deployed today by brands to:
- Write email subject lines.
- Write portions of emails.
- Send personalized emails to each prospect.
- Optimize send times.
- Clean up email lists. Automatically create email newsletters with unprecedented personalization.
In this post, we depict how AI can assist you with improving email promoting and send messages that get greater commitment, then, at that point, offer some down to earth use cases and sellers to begin researching.
What is AI in email marketing?
Artificial intelligence is an umbrella term that covers several different technologies, like machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing, deep learning, and more. At their center, however, these advances assist machines with performing explicit intellectual undertakings just as or better than people. For example, AI-fueled PC vision frameworks in self-driving vehicles can recognize obstructions very much like individuals do, permitting the machine to jump in the driver’s seat.
Your favorite voice assistant, like Alexa or Siri, understands your words just like another person, then responds in kind-all using AI. Amazon and Netflix use AI recommendation engines to offer up products and movies you might like, making assumptions about your preferences just like a fellow product or movie enthusiast might. While there are a ton of complexities to different types of AI, all you really need to know right now is that “artificial intelligence” describes many different types of smart technologies. And many of these technologies can have a serious impact your digital marketing career and performance.
That’s because AI isn’t just marketing automation, though it may include elements found in a traditional marketing automation platform. AI takes things a few steps further. These technologies analyze large datasets. They don’t just crunch numbers, though. They use advanced computer science techniques and superior computational firepower to extract insights from big data and your customer data, including from customer behavior. AI algorithms use these insights to make predictions, recommendations, and decisions that allow for unprecedented personalization and segmentation at every stage of the customer journey.
In the process, the most advanced AI systems actually learn to improve their predictions, recommendations, and decisions as they make more of them.
Artificial intelligence makes email marketing better in two big ways:
- Increase revenue. AI-powered tools for email marketing are able to help you send better emails, which increases open and click rates, helping you make more money from email and produce better results from time spent on email marketing campaigns.
- Decrease costs. AI-powered tools for email also make it easier, better, and faster to create winning campaigns, dramatically reducing the amount of time it takes your team to produce collateral for email marketing initiatives.
That’s because AI excels at extracting actionable insights and patterns from large sets of data, including what works across large datasets of high-performing emails.
AI has a number of powerful use cases across email marketing.